What Should I Do With My Advance Directive Once Ive Completed It?

Make sure that someone such as your doctor, lawyer or family member knows that you have an advance directive and where it is located. If you have designated a health care surrogate, give a copy of the written designation form or original to that person. Give a copy of your advance directive to your doctor for your medical file. Keep a file of your advance directive in a place where it can be easily found. Keep a card or note in your purse or wallet that states you have an advance directive and where it is located. If you change your advance directive, make sure your doctor, lawyer and/or family member has the latest copy.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Estate Planning attorney today.

Additional Estate Planning Articles