What Should I Do With My Advance Directive Once I Complete It?

You should retain your original completed and signed Advance Health Care Directive give a copy of the form to your physician and to any other health care providers that you have. You should also give a copy the person that you have named as your health care agent. It would be a good idea talk to that person and make sure that he or she understands your wishes and is willing to take responsibility. In addition, you may want to give copies to other family members and close friends.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Estate Planning attorney today.

Additional Estate Planning Articles