Must I Have An Advance Directive?

No. You do not have to make a living will or other type of advance directive to receive medical care or to be admitted to a hospital, nursing home or other health care facility. No person can be denied medical care or admission based on whether or not they have signed a living will or other type of advance directive. If someone refuses to provide you medical care or admit you unless you sign a living will or other type of advance directive, contact the Department of Public Health and Addiction Services in Hartford, Connecticut at 566­5758.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Estate Planning attorney today.

Additional Estate Planning Articles