Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

Who May File A Wisconsin Wage Claim?

Employees have the right to file a wage claim with the Equal Rights Division if there is a dispute with the employer in the amount of wages owed, or if an employer fails to pay the wages agreed upon for the time actually worked. If the employer refuses to pay wages earned on the regular established payday, the employee should request payment. If the employee doesn’t receive the payment after 6 days, the employee may file a claim with the Division. Once a claim is filed, the department will seek to resolve the matter with the employer.