Employment Law -- Employee

What Types Of Claims Can The Division May Take Action On?

Salaries, Commissions, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, Severance Pay, Dismissal Pay, Bonuses, Illegal Deductions, supplemental unemployment compensation benefits when required under a binding collective bargaining agreement, other similar advantages agreed upon between the employer and the employee, other similar advantages provided by the employer to his employees as an established policy. Union members who wish to file wage claims will be advised by the department to file their claims with their local union representatives. Persons filing a claim for wages must do so on a form furnished by the Department of Workforce Development Equal Rights Division. There is a 2 year statutes of limitations on the collection of wage claims. Wages must be claimed within 2 years of the date earned.