Employment Law -- Employee

How Can An Employee Act To Correct Inaccuracies In The Personnel Records?

If an employee disagrees with any information contained in the records, the employer and employee may agree to correct or remove the information. If agreement cannot be reached, the employee may submit a written statement explaining his or her position. The employer is required to attach this statement to the disputed item, and release it whenever that disputed item is released to a third party.