Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

I Suspect My Former Employer Is Giving Bad References About Me? What Recourse Do I Have?

There are no state regulations addressing references. Therefore, L&I cannot accept complaints. You may wish to consult with an attorney regarding civil recourse. Why do I have to pay for industrial insurance? Washington State requires that all employees be covered by industrial insurance. Premiums paid by employers and workers pay for medical care for job­related injuries and illnesses, and wage replacement when the injury or illness is serious enough to miss work. The system, in place since 1911, provides prompt payment to injured workers and protects employers from litigation.