A child who is 14 or 15 years of age may be employed in the following occupations in retail, food service, and gasoline service establishments:
- Office and clerical work (including operation of office machines).
- Cashiering, selling, modeling, art work, work in advertising departments, window trimming and comparative shopping.
- Price marking and tagging by hand or by machine. Assembling orders, packing and shelving.
- Bagging and carrying out customers’ orders.
- Errand and delivery work by foot, bicycle, and public transportation.
- Cleanup work, including the use of vacuum cleaners and floor waxers, and maintenance of grounds, but not including the use of powerdriven mowers or cutters.
- Kitchen work and other work involved in preparing and serving food and beverages, including the operation of machines and devices used in the performance of such work such as, but not limited to, dishwashers, toasters, dumbwaiters, popcorn poppers, milk shake blenders, and coffee grinders.
- Work in connection with cars and trucks if confined to the following:
- Dispensing gasoline and oil.
- Courtesy service on premises of gasoline service station.
- Car cleaning, washing and polishing.
- Other occupations permitted by this section.
But not including work:
- Involving the use of pits, racks or lifting apparatus or involving the inflation of any tire mounted on a rim equipped with a removable retaining ring.
- Cleaning vegetables and fruits, and wrapping, sealing, labeling, weighing, pricing and stocking goods when performed in areas physically separate from areas where meat is prepared for sale and outside freezers or meat coolers.
Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: