I Work On A Cash Register And At Times The Drawer Is Short. Can The Employer Deduct The Shortage From My Pay?

An employer may not deduct for shortages, damages, rent, uniforms, or any other reason (except applicable taxes). An employer may make a deduction for loan or advance against future earnings if evidenced by a statement in writing signed by the employee with the amount to be deducted each pay period. The statement may read “balance due upon separation”.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles