Skip to main content

Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

What Documentation Is Needed To Apply For Benefits?

If filing in person, the applicant should bring two forms of identification, such as a driver’s license, social security card, photo ID, or organization card and a pay stub from his/her last employer. The applicant should have the name, address, and telephone number of the last place he/she worked. Additional information such as W­2 forms and pay stubs from each company for whom the applicant worked in the past 18 months is also helpful. If filing by telephone, the applicant should have the same information as listed above when making the telephone call. If separated in the past 18 months from the US armed forces, the applicant also must submit a DD­214 (Member 4). If separated in the past 18 months from federal civilian employment, the applicant also must submit a SF­8 and SF­50. If employed out of state in the past 18 months, the applicant must provide the name(s) and address(es) of the employer(s). If other than a U.S. Citizen, the applicant must have evidence to establish authorization to perform work in the United States during the period of employment.