Is An Employment Certificate Required For A Minor?

Youth employment certificates are required for all youth under the age of 18. Some exemptions are allowed for public sector, domestic, and agricultural employers. Certificates are issued by the by the local county Department of Social Services, either in the county where the youth will work or in the county where the youth resides. In some counties, certain school personnel have been designated to issue certificates.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles