Skip to main content

Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance?

You should apply for UI benefits using the new on­line application or through the automated TEL­CLAIM system by calling the TEL­CLAIM Center (TCC) at 1­888­209­8124.

You should have available your Social Security number; your New York State driver’s license or Motor Vehicle ID card number if you have one; your mailing address; a telephone number where you can be contacted for additional information; your alien registration card number, if you have one; the names and addresses of all employers for whom you’ve worked within the last 18 months, including those in another state; your copies of forms SF 8 and SF 50 if you had federal employment within the last 18 months; and your copy of your most recent separation form DD214 if you are an ex­service member claiming benefits based on your military service.

Was this helpful?