What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?

If you receive any unemployment benefits to which you are not entitled, you will be required to return any benefits received. If benefits were paid to you in error, you will receive a notice stating the amount you were overpaid and why you were not entitled to the benefits.

If you cannot afford to repay the amount of money you owe in full, you can arrange to pay monthly. For further information, contact the Benefit Payment Control Unit, (609) 292­ 0030. However, if you are eligible for unemployment benefits, no payments can be issued until the refund is cleared.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles