Skip to main content

Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?

You may request that your appeal be reopened. The request must be in writing to the Commissioner, NH Department of Employment Security, 32 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301­4857, and it must be received or if mailed, postmarked, within 14 days of the date that the Appeal Tribunal decision was mailed.

Your request must state the reason(s) that your appeal should be reopened. The only reasons the Commissioner can accept are fraud, a mistake of fact or law, or the existence of evidence that could not have been reasonably available at the time of the hearing. You will be notified by mail of the Commissioner’s decision. If a reopening is granted, you will be scheduled for a new hearing.

If the Commissioner says no, you may appeal to the Appellate Board. The appeal must be in writing and must be received by the Board, or if mailed, postmarked, within 14 days of the mailing of the Commissioner’s decision. Mail the appeal to:

NH Department of Employment Security
Attn:Appellate Board
32 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301­4857

Was this helpful?