Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?

Yes. You may voluntarily elect to have 10% of your gross benefits deducted and withheld for Federal Income Tax purposes. Federal Income Tax will be deducted after all mandatory deductions (Benefits Offset, Child Support) have been withheld. You may change your election, in writing, at any time. An Election Form for Withholding of Federal Income Tax (Form 453) is available for this purpose.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles