Can I Be Fired For No Good Reason?

No. Montana is not an “at will” state. In some instances, the Wrongful Discharge From Employment Act does not apply, but generally, once an employee has completed the established probationary period, the employer needs to have good cause for termination. Individuals who believe they were wrongfully discharged must seek civil compensation through the courts, because there is no state agency that administers the Wrongful Discharge From Employment Act. Persons who believe they were fired as a result of unlawful discrimination, may contact the Human Rights Bureau at 1­800­542­0807 or 406­444­2884 or the U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 1­800­669­4000.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles