The OnSite Workplace Safety program strives to reduce workrelated injuries, illnesses and fatalities by educating and training employers and employees on their rights and responsibilities under Missouri, or relevant, labor laws. The Division performs consultations and inspections of work sites, during which division employees identify job hazards. The OnSite Workplace Safety and Health Consultation Program provides free, onsite safety and health consultations for Missouri employers with up to 250 employees.
To apply for a free onsite safety and health consultation, click here.
An onsite consultation may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Review of an employer’s written standard safety and health programs.
- Review of an employer’s written safety and health management program.
- Review of an employer’s OSHA 200 and 300 logs for injury and illness trends.
- Evaluation of engineering controls as necessary.
- Exposure monitoring for such things as fumes, dusts, mists, vapors, noise and other potential hazards.
- Identification of hazards in the workplace and a timetable to eliminate those hazards.
- Work with employers whose type of business has been targeted for inspections by one of the OSHA Initiatives.
Qualifications for this Service include:
- Businesses must be located in the state of Missouri.
- Businesses must have 250 or fewer employees at any one site and fewer than 500 employees total.
- Businesses must complete and submit a Missouri Safety and Health Consultation Service Application.
- Businesses must be privately owned. City, county and state facilities may not participate.
- Employers must agree to correct all serious hazards identified and inform employees of the correction.
Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: