Skip to main content

Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?

You, or any of your former employers who are affected by a determination can appeal from the denial or the award of benefits. The appeal will be forwarded to the Appeals Tribunal in Jefferson City so that a hearing before a Referee may be scheduled.

Notify the Referee assigned to the case immediately when you know you cannot attend the scheduled hearing and request a postponement. Postponements are granted only for very good reasons.