How Do I File A Wage Claim?

An employee who believes that his or her employer has failed to pay wages or benefits may file a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division. A complaint must be filed within 12 months of the alleged violation. The Wage and Hour Division tries to complete investigations within 90 days. If a claim cannot be informally resolved, the Wage and Hour Division will issue a written determination that the employee or employer may appeal. A hearing before an administrative law judge will be scheduled. The Wage Complaint form and instructions are also available online.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles