What Is A "Reimbursable" Employer?

Not­for­profit organizations classified under Section 501(c)(3) and exempt from income tax under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, and state and local government entities and subdivisions may elect to finance their UI costs by reimbursing the state dollar for dollar for benefits charged against their accounts, in lieu of paying quarterly UI taxes. Not­for­profit organizations are required to post a bond of a specific dollar amount. Questions concerning not­for­profit status and/or requirements may be directed to the Unemployment Insurance Employers Line on (410) 949­0033 for callers in the Baltimore area or toll free on 1­800­492­5524.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles