Employment Law -- Employee

How Do I File A Claim For Discrimination?

Employers may not discriminate against an employee on the basis of the employee’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin or disability. Claims of discrimination in Louisiana should be forwarded either to the Louisiana Commission on Human Rights (LCHR) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at (225) 342­6969, or to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Louisiana also has a specific pregnancy discrimination law that prohibits an employer having 25 or more employees from discriminating against a pregnant employee. These complaints should be forwarded to LCHR or EEOC.

Was this helpful?