Can The Employer Do Anything About The Claim?

If an individual voluntarily left employment with your company or if that individual was discharged for misconduct, you may have a valid reason to protest the payment of benefits. Your first opportunity to protest is to submit a Separation Notice Alleging Disqualification, Form 77 . This form must be completed and delivered or mailed to the former employee within 72 hours of the separation. Within the same period, a copy of the completed form must be sent to the Department of Labor. Your next opportunity to protest will be when you receive the Notice of Claim Filed, Form 110 and/or the Notice to Base Period Employer, Form 152. You should give exact and factual information regarding the employee’s separation. Failure to return the forms within the ten days allowed may jeopardize your right to receive a non­charge on the payment of benefits.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles