How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be totally or partially unemployment;
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own;
- Be able and available for work;
- Be registered for work at your local Workforce Development Center, unless waived; and
- Be actively seeking work.
To be monetarily eligible, you must have:
- Earned and been paid wages by employers covered by unemployment insurance in two or more quarters of your base period (the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters at the time you file your initial claim for benefits).
- Total baseperiod earnings of at least 1.25 times the wages you earned in your highest baseperiod quarter.
- A minimum amount of wages in the high and low quarters of your base period.