Do I Have To Pay Taxes On Unemployment Benefits?

Yes. Unemployment benefits are taxable income and are subject to both federal and state taxes. The Department will send you an IRS form 1099­G for tax reporting purposes. You may choose to have fifteen percent of your unemployment benefit payment withheld to pay federal taxes. There is no withholding provision for state taxes.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles