Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?

You have the right to appeal a determination affecting your rights to benefits. You have 14 days from the date the Eligibility Determination was mailed to protest. Your protest must be made in writing and must be signed. Mail or hand­deliver your protest to the local Job Service office that made the determination. Make sure you include your Social Security number on your protest and the reasons you disagree with the determination. The Appeals Bureau will notify you of the date and time of the hearing.

All hearings are held via a conference telephone call. At the scheduled time for the hearing, a representative of the Appeals Bureau will call you, your employer, a Department of Labor representative, and any witnesses that are to appear at the hearing. A lawyer or anyone else may participate in the hearing to help you.

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer — as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a¬†local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources