Skip to main content

Employment Law -- Employee

Search for an Attorney  

How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?

If you need to file an initial claim, you may:

  1. File in person at your nearest local Job Service Office. 
  2. Call your nearest Job Service Office.

If you are filing a claim against Idaho, but live in another state, you may also file your claim by calling (208) 332­3574.

When you file, have the following information available:

  • Your Social Security number.
  • If you are not a citizen of the United States, your Alien Registration number and card.
  • The business names, complete addresses including zip codes, and phone numbers of all employers for whom you worked during the last 2 years.
  • The dates your work started and ended for those employers.
  • Your total gross earnings from those employers.
  • The reason you are no longer working for those employers.
  • DD Form 214, Member 4, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if you were a member of the Military Service in the past 2 years.
  • Your county of residence if you live outside the state of Idaho.