What Can I Do If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Hearing Officer?

If you are still not satisfied with the decision, you may appeal to the Board of Review. The Board is a 3­member panel appointed by the Governor. The Board reviews the entire record of the hearing held by the administrative hearing officer and all other relevant materials. They do not hold a hearing with the parties present. They do not take new evidence or testimony. They review the case and either affirm, modify or reverse the decision of the hearing officer. Sometimes they may send the case back (remand) to the hearing officer to re­hear or to take additional testimony. The Board’s written decision is mailed to all interested parties. The decision gives appeal rights for appealing the Board’s decision.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles