How Do I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?

You may file your claim at the Georgia Department of Labor (GDL) Career Center nearest you. You may find out which office in Georgia serves your area by clicking here GDL Career Centers

Bring your Social Security number. If you were given a separation notice or letter by your former employer, bring that also. You need the names and addresses of your employers for the last 18 months and the dates you worked at each place. Bring proof of your immigration status if you are not a citizen of the United States. You may have your checks deposited directly to your checking or savings account. If you wish to have this done, bring a check with your account number and your bank’s name and routing number.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles