Employment Law -- Employee

Can I File A Claim If I Earned Wages In Another State?

You can file a Georgia claim if you have any wages earned in Georgia in your base period. If you have earned wages in another state during the base period, those earnings may be added to your Georgia wages to increase your benefit amount (up to the maximum allowed in Georgia).

If all of your wages were earned in another state during the base period and you now live in Georgia, you may file an interstate claim. The Georgia Department of Labor acts as the agent for the state where you can establish a claim. That state is the paying state and its rules and regulations determine whether you can establish a claim, how much the claim is potentially worth and all other requirements. You, however, must register for work at a Georgia Department of Labor office.