What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Referee Decision?

After receiving the Appeals Referee Decision, either party to the decision may file a request for review by the Unemployment Appeals Commission (U.A.C.). The agency itself may also request such a review in cases where there appears to be procedural error. The U.A.C. reviews all documentation and tapes of the Appeals Hearing and rules as to whether or not the Appeals Referee’s decision was in accordance with the law as well as whether or not proper procedure was followed.

A claimant or employer may file the appeal either in person or by mail within 20 days of the mailing date of the adjudicator’s determination. If filing by mail, the postmark date will serve as the date filed when completing the request form (UCA­1).

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources


The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.