What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?

You may file a request for reconsideration or an appeal. The request must be filed within 20 days from the mailing date of the notice. You may file your request by mailing a letter to:

Office of Appeals,
MSC 347
107 E Madison Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399­4143

If you are still unemployed and are waiting for your re­determination or appeal hearing, you must continue to report as scheduled to claim benefits. Otherwise, you may not be paid for the weeks you were unemployed, even if you win.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles