How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
For each week of benefits claimed, you must:
- Be totally or partially unemployed
- Report as instructed or scheduled
- Be physically able to perform some type of work
- Be available for work and ready, willing and able to accept suitable work immediately (Workers in approved training may not be required to accept work immediately. To qualify, you must have a written authorization for approved training.)
- Have an adequate means of transportation and child or dependent care
- Participate in reemployment services as directed
- Keep a list of all job contacts and the dates they were made, and submit the list when requested.
- Report the gross amount of all wages earned in each week you claim benefits, and
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
To qualify monetarily, you must have received:
- wages in two or more calendar quarters during your base period. (If you are ineligible and earned wages that you did not receive until the next calendar quarter, let us know right away.) and
- total base period wages of at least 1½ times the wages in the quarter with the highest earnings (if you are ineligible due to receiving a large payment in one calendar quarter, let us know.) and
- total wages of $3,400 or more in your base period.