I Am Moving My Employees Out Of Dc. Can I Get A Refund Of The Money I Paid Into My Account?

No. Amounts paid by employers are deposited in the District Unemployment Fund, which is an account in the Unemployment Trust Fund in the Treasury of the United States. The District maintains a separate account for each employer that is credited for contributions received, credited for interest distributions when the account has a positive balance and debited for charges applied against the account. Funds credited to an employer’s account are not refundable.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles