When Will I Be Informed Of The Appeals Division Decision?

The written decision will be mailed to you as soon as possible. It will also explain your right to appeal if you are not satisfied with the decision.

If you have new or additional information, you can write to the Referee and ask to have the case reopened. If you disagree with the Referee’s decision, you can appeal to the Employment Security Board of Review. You have 21 calendar days from the Referee’s decision to file an appeal to the Board of Review. The Board of Review will acknowledge your appeal and provide an opportunity for you to submit a written statement in support of your case. The Board will then review all the material in the case file and listen to the tape recording of the hearing before the Referee. A decision will be issued which will affirm, reverse, or modify the Referee’s decision. If you are not satisfied with the Board’s decision, you have 30 calendar days to file a motion to reopen with the Board or a further appeal to the Superior Court. The Board’s decision explains how to do this.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles