Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?

An employment certificate is required for minors under the age of 16. The certificate is issued by the Department of Labor. Application requires submission of proof of age, a description of the work and work schedule, and written consent of the parent or guardian.

Speak to an Experienced Employment Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified employment lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact an attorney in your area from our directory to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles