Many patients with heart failure should not start taking AVANDIA.In addition, if you have any of the following medical conditions, you should talk about them with your doctor before you consider taking Avandia:
- heart problems or heart failure.
- if you take: insulin. nitrate medicines such as nitroglycerin or isosorbide to treat a type of chest pain called angina, any medicines for high blood pressure, high cholesterol or heart failure, or for prevention of heart disease or stroke.
- type 1 (“juvenile”) diabetes or had diabetic ketoacidosis. (These conditions should be treated with insulin.)
- type of diabetic eye disease called macular edema (swelling of the back of the eye).
- liver problems – pr had liver problems while taking REZULIN® (troglitazone), another medicine for diabetes.
- pregnant or plan to become pregnant. (AVANDIA should not be used during pregnancy. It is not known if AVANDIA can harm your unborn baby.)
- If you are a premenopausal woman (before the “change of life”) who does not have regular monthly periods, AVANDIA may increase your chances of becoming pregnant.)
- breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed. (It is not known if AVANDIA passes into breast milk. You should not use AVANDIA while breastfeeding.)
- if you tany prescription or non-prescription medicines, vitamins or herbal supplements. (AVANDIA and certain other medicines can affect each other and lead to serious side effects including high or low blood sugar, or heart problems.)
Speak to an Experienced Avandia Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified avandia lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local avandia attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Avandia attorney today.