Consumer Protection Law
After The Hearing:
- If either side is not satisfied with the decision, an appeal can be filed in Common Pleas Court within 30 days.
- Common Pleas Court will then hear the case all over again. This procedure is much more formal and it is highly recommended that you be represented by a lawyer.
- If no appeal is taken, you may need further help to collect your money.
- At your request, the District Justice will issue an order to attempt to collect the money. This will cost you an additional fee.
- Remember that a District Justice cannot guarantee that your judgment will be collected.