Skip to main content

Consumer Protection Law

Search for an Attorney  

After The Hearing:

  1. If either side is not satisfied with the decision, an appeal can be filed in Common Pleas Court within 30 days.
  2. Common Pleas Court will then hear the case all over again. This procedure is much more formal and it is highly recommended that you be represented by a lawyer.
  3. If no appeal is taken, you may need further help to collect your money.
  4. At your request, the District Justice will issue an order to attempt to collect the money. This will cost you an additional fee.
  5. Remember that a District Justice cannot guarantee that your judgment will be collected.
Was this helpful?