Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

Getting Support From Parents Living In Another State

If a parent who owes child support lives in another state, the BCSE will work with the other state to establish and enforce a support order. Once an out­of­state employer is located, the BCSE will contact the employer to have the support payments automatically withheld from the employee`s pay. The employer will then send the support payment to the BCSE. Once received, the BCSE will forward the support payments to the obligee in West Virginia.

Was this helpful?