When I Was A Child, The Non-Custodial Parent Did Not Pay The Support He/She Was Ordered To Pay. Can I Collect The Money That Is Owed?

No. Although you are no longer a minor, the child support owed was and continues to be payable to the custodial parent, who was your caretaker during that time. The debt is not to the child but to the custodial parent.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles