I Paid All The Child Support I Owed But The Debt Is Still Showing On My Credit Report. Why?

DCSE sends updated balance information to the major credit reporting agencies on a monthly basis, but each agency has its own processing time for updating credit records. Credit reports will reflect that an arrearage has been paid. Reference to the debt cannot be removed unless the debt was reported in error. If it has been more than 60 days since you paid your balance in full, you may wish to request a dispute form from the credit agency.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles