Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

I Have Also Been Contacted By A Private Agency To Collect My Child Support. Is This Legal?

We are aware of several private collection agencies in the business of collecting past­due child support. Any custodial parent not receiving public assistance may contract with such an agency, or hire a private attorney, and at the same time have a case open with ORS/CSS. If you have any questions or concerns about this, contact the Customer Service Unit in the nearest ORS office.

Was this helpful?