Can You Collect Support Even If The Other Parent Lives In Another State?

Yes. If a non­custodial parent lives in another state, ORS/CSS will either send a notice to withhold income directly to the parent`s employer in the other state or will ask that state to pursue child support collection. Even though each state operates independently from another, each is subject to Federal rules regarding how a child support case is handled. Once the case is sent to the other state`s child support agency, the case becomes that state`s case, and ORS/CSS cannot dictate how the case is handled.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles