Who Can Apply For Child Support Services And What Is The Fee?

The Attorney General`s office accepts applications from mothers and fathers. Our attorneys represent the State of Texas in providing child support services and do not represent either parent in the case. Applicants do not have the right to select what enforcement actions are taken in their case. The Office of the Attorney General is required to provide all appropriate services for the benefit of the children. Temporary Assistance to Needy Family (TANF) recipients and Medicaid Only recipients automatically receive child support services, whereas persons not receiving TANF must apply for Title IV­D child support services. There is no fee to apply for child support services provided by the Office of the Attorney General.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles