Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

Is A Non-Custodial Parent Entitled To Visit The Child If He Or She Is Not Paying Child Support?

Child support and visitation rights are separate issues. The court will determine both and will usually order the non­custodial parent to pay child support and the custodial parent to make the child available for visits. The custodial parent has a duty to obey the court order as to visitation, even if the non­custodial parent cannot or will not pay the support. The court can enforce its orders against either parent.

Was this helpful?