Child Support Law
How Is Child Support Determined In Oklahoma?
Child support in Oklahoma is determined by using State support guidelines and a mathematical support software program that takes, among other factors, the following information into consideration:
- The gross income of both parents;
- The number of children to be supported;
- Amount of time each parent spends with the child;
- Monthly living expenses of both parents;
- Monthly health and dental expenses of both parents;
- Monthly child care expenses of both parents; and
- Other monthly expenses of both parents.
This information plus any other information required under the law is inserted into a calculation called the Child Support Guidelines and computed to determine the monthly child support obligation that the non custodial parent is ordered to pay. Only a judge can order that child support be paid.