Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

The Non-Custodial Parent Lives In Another State And Has Quit Paying Child Support. What Can Be Done To Get Payments To Start Again?

Once a case is established with the Child Support Enforcement program, the Regional Child Support Enforcement Unit (RCSEU) can take different actions to enforce child support when the non­custodial parent lives in another state. If an employer is identified, the RCSEU may attempt to implement Direct Income Withholding to the non­custodial parent`s employer in the other state. The RCSEU may request assistance from the other state to enforce the support order. Once this request is made, the other state is responsible for taking any actions appropriate under their state laws to enforce the support order.