I Know The Address Of My Children's Father In Another State, And My Caseworker Sent A Petition To Establish My Order There. What Happens?

It may be any number of things: enforcement officials may not be able to serve notice on the non­custodial parent due to inadequate address information; if a hearing is necessary, it may take a while to get a court date. The demand for enforcement services is high and interstate pursuit is not a simple matter, but your caseworker is required to follow ­up on your case if 90 days have passed since the last contact with the child support enforcement office in the other state. Continue to keep in touch with your caseworker to resolve any delay or to provide any new information you may have.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles