Skip to main content

Child Support Law

Search for an Attorney  

I Don't Have A Support Order. Can I Establish One By Petitioning The Court Where My Ex-Husband Lives?

Yes, your child support enforcement office in a UIFSA petition can also do this. An affidavit of all the pertinent facts, including the name and address of the responsible parent, details of your financial circumstances and the needs of your child will be included. The petition will be sent to the enforcement agency where the father lives. The court in the responding state will review the information together with the information regarding the father`s ability to pay and set the amount to be paid.

Was this helpful?