What If My Support Payment Is Distributed Incorrectly Or Not At All?

Check with your employer`s payroll office first, to confirm that the employer is deducting your child support payment and that payments are being mailed according to the order. Your employer should include the correct identifying information: the county in Illinois where the order was entered, the case/docket number, the name of the employee, the social security number of the employee, the amount of the payment for each employee and each case, if the employee has more than one case, and the name and address of the payee if known. If the employer is mailing the correct amount, you should contact the SDU or the child support help line at (800) 447­4278.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles