Discontinuing Child Support Services

If the custodial party is receiving CalWORKS and/or Medi­Cal and then stops receiving either one, by law the FSD or local child support agency must continue to enforce the support order. If the custodial party does not want the continued services of the FSD or local child support agency, he/she must notify the office in writing that he/she no longer wants FSD or local child support agency assistance. At that time, the FSD or local child support agency will only pursue collection of assigned arrears (past­due welfare arrears) and will notify the non­custodial parent to pay current child support directly to the custodial party if current support is still owed.

Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Support attorney today.

Additional Child Support Articles